Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New restart


The new hours of service is just the most recent on the list of things the Feds keep throwing at all of us. I just got off the phone with a contractor asking me       questions on the 34 hour restart. I thought I knew the answers but by the end of the call I wasn’t sure.  The answer is, you have to declare your restart and flag when it starts, if you were off duty before the 168 hours when you get to 168 hours, or it can be considered as starting ahead of time.

What I’m trying to say is I have the greatest respect for what you do, everything that you put up with and the new stuff that keeps being thrown at you.

All of us are in this together and if there is anything we can do here in the office to help you on the road, please ask. Without the contractors Sammons ceases to exist.

Thank you for all you do and please be safe out there so you can get home to your loved ones.

 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment